Who doesn’t want beautiful, radiant, and healthy skin; it’s something we all strive for.
Skincare is essential for everyone, irrespective of gender, but following an intensive skincare regime, every day can be difficult to manage. Exfoliation, however, only has to be done once or twice a week and may give you glowing skin in a matter of minutes.
Exfoliation, or face scrubbing, removes all the dirt, grime, and impurities from the skin, leaving soft, supple, clean, and healthy skin. It removes all the dead skin cells, unclogs pores, and allows deeper penetration of other skin care products (such as a serum or moisturizer), making them more effective.
Talking about face scrubs and exfoliators, what better than an apricot scrub packed with the goodness of essential fatty acids and vitamins?
The Miraculous Powers of Apricot Scrubs
Cleansing is an elementary step of any basic skincare routine, but do you know how you can enhance it even more? Scrubbing and exfoliating.
Apricot scrubs have been the skincare industry’s favorite for quite some time now. A natural boost of vitamins and antioxidants you receive while working with an apricot body scrub is what makes it different from other body and face scrubs. It contains natural skin softeners with high levels of vitamin C that moisturize your skin and leave it feeling supple and smooth.
Allow us to explain why you ought to get one for yourself if you don't already! Continue reading to see why apricot scrubs are your greatest option for healthy skin.
- Brightens and moisturizes - The kernel oil, vitamin C, and fatty acids present in apricot help hydrate dry and irritated skin.
- Restores skin’s natural tone - It evens the skin tone by exfoliating away sun-exposed, damaged skin.
- Maintains skin’s elasticity - Being rich in vitamin E and antioxidants, it rejuvenates the skin cells, thereby improving skin’s elasticity.
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles - Wrinkles and fine lines are unavoidable, but premature signs of aging are a nightmare. Vitamin A, along with other nutrients, helps promote collagen production that helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Control oils - Oily skins bring a couple of skin problems with themselves, including acne, clogged pores, and whatnot. The apricot pit granules in the scrub eliminate excess oil and give an instant smoothening effect to the skin.
- Unclog pores - Apricot scrubs deep clean your skin, remove dirt and excess oil, unclog pores that lead to blackheads, blemishes, and breakouts, and ultimately enhance the health and look of your skin.
These innumerable benefits of the apricot scrubs contribute to giving an instant glow and radiance to the skin by deeply nourishing it.
What’s the Right Way to Use an Apricot Scrub?
It's always better to cleanse the skin before using any skincare product. After cleansing the skin, take a coin-sized amount of the apricot scrub and massage it gently on your face for 3-4 minutes in a circular motion and leave it on for 2-3 more minutes. Doing this will ensure the maximum absorption of nutrients by the skin.
Rinse thoroughly with tap water, and apply a face mask or a moisturizer, according to your preference, for soft and plump-looking skin.
Apricot scrubs can also be used as body scrubs to remove dead skin cells to reveal healthy skin.
Things to Keep In Mind While Enjoying the Benefits of Apricot Scrub
When using apricot scrubs in your skincare, you should keep some things in mind:
- Be gentle on your skin. People with active acne should proceed with precautions as scrubbing can harm the sensitive area of the skin and may open your pores to microbes.
- Do not use it daily or more than twice a week. Excessive scrubbing can cause micro-tears in the skin, rip all the skin’s natural oils, and make it extremely sensitive.
- Always use a moisturizer or face pack to seal in the nutrients and avoid irritating the skin after scrubbing.
- Go for apricot scrubs with very fine granules, as bigger granules tend to be too harsh on the skin.
- Massage gently in a circular motion; the skin on your face is thin and delicate, and massaging with it rigorously can damage the epidermis.
There are lots of myths regarding physical or apricot exfoliators. Let’s debunk some of them:
- It's not safe for the skin and causes micro tears. Not true. Apricot scrubs that are of good quality contain fine granules that do not irritate the skin; having said that, you should not be harsh on your skin and scrub rigorously.
- Makes skin excessively dry and flaky. Apricot contains fatty acids and vitamin A that naturally moisturizes skin, and people who have extremely dry skin should go for a moisturizer after exfoliating.
What Is Best for Your Skin?
What is skin’s best healer, other than mother nature? Our skin deserves all the pampering and love in the world, and the best way to show this is to keep it away from harmful chemicals.
But it’s hard to avoid chemicals these days as the market is saturated with them, and truly, not all chemicals are harmful to the skin or the environment. Opt for a product or a brand that has natural and organic products with a minimum amount of chemicals and preservatives, like Life & Pursuits.
This natural brand does not compromise on quality. It provides a range of skincare products that are vegan, natural, cruelty-free, and safe for the skin. By combining ancient Indian Ayurveda and the most modern techniques of the West, Life & Pursuits gives you the best of both worlds. Click here and choose the best products for yourself.