Embrace Beautiful Skin by Choosing the Right Moisturizing Body Oils
Who doesn’t like an enriching body oil massage that can help you turn your skin radiant and illuminating? Well, we are sure that this idea must have transported you into a refreshing mood. But we know that there are many doubts and concerns when it comes to including moisturizing body oil in your skincare regime. Some of these common concerns are:
- Will the body oil suit me?
- What season should I be using body oil in?
- What type of body oil is good for the skin?
- Should I just stick to my body lotion?
- How do I go about using body oils for my skin?
Hence, to clear all your queries, we have collated this article which will tell all you need to know about moisturizing body oils and why these should be an important part of your daily skincare routine.
Body Oil vs. Body Lotion
What’s better: body lotion or after-shower body oil? This is the most common conflict among customers. It can depend on personal choice, skin type, need, and climatic conditions. Oils cater to dry or extremely dry skin types, while the lotion is suitable for almost all skin types.
Body oils can be used by people living in extremely dry or cold weather whereas lotions can be used even by people living in a hot and humid climate.
Oils help regulate the skin’s moisture barrier and are mostly made from nuts, fruits, and vegetables, hence having better ingredients. On the other hand, lotions help in enhancing the skin’s ability of water retention and are mainly made up of ceramides and hyaluronic acid, which makes them more versatile. One thing that sets body oils apart from lotions is that the former do not contain preservatives, unlike the latter.
Still can’t decide between the two? There is one way to have the best of both worlds. You can apply the lotion first and then a layer of oil to seal in the moisture to get the best results.
What are the Benefits of Body Oil?
Experts say that moisturizing body oils are rich in nutrients and antioxidants as they are 100% active and easily absorbed into the skin. Some of the most common benefits of moisturizing body oils are that they:
- moisture your dehydrated skin,
- help you get rid of stretch marks and blemishes over time,
- improve the texture and overall health of your skin (as they are often made with natural ingredients),
- tone your skin,
- relax you and release tension from your body,
- improve your sleep,
- & uplift your mood.
How to Choose the Best Body Oil for My Skincare Regime?
Given a plethora of body oils on the market, it can be difficult to choose one for yourself. However, based on your skin type and needs, you can narrow down a few and select the final one. You can choose between nourishing, stress releasing, and anti-aging, oils and oils that can cure specific health conditions.
With a full range of USDA (USA) certified moisturizing body oils that can treat different skin conditions, Life & Pursuit provides some of the best products for skin care;
- Its Lavender body oil helps repair sun damage. It is suitable for normal to dry skin.
- The organic vitamin E oil is suitable for dry skin and reduces acne scars.
- If you have oily to normal skin, then going for cold pressed castor oil is the best choice. It is effective in reducing pigmentation and scars.
- The turmeric body oil is loaded with rich antioxidants, fights allergies, has anti aging properties and helps in removal of dry patches. It is suitable for normal and dry skin.
- Another essential oil is lemon oil which is best suitable for dry aging skin. Numerous studies suggest lemon oil has calming benefits on the mind and body due to its pleasant fragrance.
- Eucalyptus oil is a popular name in aromatherapy, which helps build immunity, ease muscle tension, relieve fatigue & dizziness. Additionally, it works best for dull and dry skin.
How should I Use Body Oil for Best Results?
Including moisturizing body oil in your daily skincare ritual is a simple process.
First of all, clean your body with a gentle body wash or an after-shower gel. Life & Pursuits’ Real Organic Gentle Body Wash - Lemon is appropriate for all skin types. It is gentle on the skin and ideal for daily use. You can also use a body scrubber every week to ward off dead skins.
Once your skin is clean and dry, take out a few pumps of your favorite body oil and gently massage it on different parts of your body using a circular motion.
These two simple steps can give you healthy glowing skin if followed regularly.
Some Dos and Don’ts
While all instructions will be given in the manual of the product, there are some do and don'ts which, in general, you should keep in mind.
- Avoid applying the body oil on the face as it can be comedogenic and might clog the pores of your facial skin leading to acne and boils. However, you can apply the ones who are non-comedogenic (which will be mentioned on the packaging).
- Avoid applying the oil near your eyes or other sensitive areas as it may cause irritation. You can apply extra oil on dry areas like the elbow and knees.
- If you are pregnant, then consult with your doctor before using any of these body oils as an additional precaution.
Make the Right Choice
You are just a few steps away from achieving that picture-perfect glowing skin. All you need is to make the right choice of moisturizing body oil. Choose any of the Life & Pursuits moisturizing body oils depending on your skin type and embrace the beauty every day. Check out our website to know more about the range of our natural range of products.